With over 20 years of leadership experience, my background spans industries that include industrial service and maintenance, wholesale distribution, construction and contracting, import/e-commerce, third-party logistics, steel processing, HVAC manufacturing, and more.
I have served in leadership positions including Inventory Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, Regional Manager, Director of Operations, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer. I have consulted for numerous companies across many industries and have served on multiple corporate Boards of Directors.
I help small business owners create the organizational foundation required to grow their enterprises.
My leadership experience spans multiple industries and includes:
- Leading a third-generation family citrus business, consisting of 200+ employees and consisting of two citrus packing companies, three citrus ranches, and various other investments.
- Serving on the Board of Directors for two leading companies in the Fresh Produce industry.
- Leading a steel processing, manufacturing, and distribution business with 270 employees, 3 operating companies, annual revenues of $76 million, and a growth rate exceeding 30%.
- Implementing a national 3PL program startup for a multi-billion-dollar Southern California client while achieving a seamless transition in under 60 days, doubling the scope of provided services in less than 45 days, and expanding the offering to include appliance installation in multiple markets for multiple business groups.
- Leading the operations of a $60 million wholesale distribution business with a staff of 75 employees and 10 locations, serving in a primary role in 4 major acquisitions with combined annual revenues of over $180 million, oversight of purchasing and inventory management for as many as 25 locations with over $90 million in annual purchase volume and functioning as a senior member of the leadership team that achieved 17% average annual growth over an 8 year period.
Some recent and notable accomplishments include:
- Restructuring a third-generation family business with multiple operating companies, including daily operations, production, logistics, human resources, and risk management.
- Successful completion of multiple, multi-million-dollar facility improvements, including automation projects that resulted in double-digit expense reductions and productivity increases.
- Implementing a risk management program to ensure HR and Legal compliance.
- Negotiating the below-market purchase of a new 120,000 sqft facility.
- Securing over $1.5 million in tax credits through a single program.
- Leading the strategic acquisition of all operating assets from a key competitor.
- Selecting software providers and leading the implementation of new ERP systems.
- Leading multiple implementations of WMS solutions.
- Reducing a distributor’s inventory investment by $5 million in only 4 months while simultaneously increasing customer fill rates.
Areas of Expertise
Leadership, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Financial Planning, Business Model Analysis, Change Management, Supply Chain (Logistics, Inventory, and Purchasing), Technology Solutions (ERP, WMS, eCommerce)